Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wrinkles

Dear Claire,

You were right, these wrinkles on our faces are a bit disturbing/distressing/sucky. I will no longer make fun of you for obsessing over the one wrinkle you thought you had a couple of years ago. I want to start using anti-wrinkle cream too.

Your friend,

Me


Do you remember how your mother used to say, “Be careful, your face might stick that way.”? Do you remember that you came to a point in your life that you didn’t believe her?

Believe her.

What she should have said is: “Be careful. If you smirk too much and make too many snarky faces, your forehead will resemble the warning bumps on the side of the highway.” Forever. Starting when you are in your 20s.

I don’t know if I can live with the fact that my face is going to be stuck like this when I am in my 80s:

I need to stop making such facial expressions. Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment