Monday, February 20, 2012

Quarter Life Crisis

What's the statute of limitations on a quarter life crisis? I hope three years isn't too long to be caught in this state of stuck-ness.

February marks my 3 year anniversary as a blogger. This is bizarre. In honor of what can only be classified as my longest-term commitment to date, I will be drawing my readers' attention (all 3 of you - maybe 3 of you?) to some old posts for the remainder of this month.

Some are posts that you have enjoyed most (based on feedback, stats, etc.). Some are my favorite posts. Some are posts that continue to strike a cord with me today. In fact, most of these, quite frankly, I could have written today (or tomorrow, or in a month from now probably). I think this calls to mind the cyclical nature of life (or, at least, of my life) - struggles repeat themselves, seasons come again each year, the basics of life stay the same. It's all been said, all been done - all we need is love..love, love, love.

Here you go (with pictures circa the time of the original post):

11/11/09 Why Georgia

As a rule, it's a pretty sad state of affairs to identify with any John Mayer song. But I must say, the lyrics of "Why Georgia" often resound in my mind. Maybe it's all the damn driving down 85. Maybe it's just being in your 20s and the soul-stirring/going your own way-ness. Regardless, I do often wonder about my, as of yet, verdictless life. I could have written this post a million times in the last three years. Am I living it right??????




"So what, so I've got smile on. It's hiding the quiet superstitions in my head. Don't believe me. Don't believe me. When I say, I've got it down."

No comments:

Post a Comment