Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Change of pace


I’ve been done with grad school, what, nine days now?  It feels as if it’s been a lifetime.  Funny how that goes.  I was commiserating with a battle buddy (aka fellow graduate) yesterday about this odd feeling:

I feel lazy getting home around 6ish and watching new television shows as they air . . . on TV.  I feel lazy not having a deadline looming like the dust cloud that follows Pigpen from place to place.  I feel lazy reading from a novel before I go to bed each night.  I feel lazy browsing the web for blogs that I might find amusing or inspiring.  I feel lazy not being uber-busy.  

I should feel relaxed, right?  I should feel excited about the next stage of my life, right? 
(I’m not sure that I am capable of either of those emotions.)

I work better in “go” mode.  But alas, some down time to reboot is probably a good thing from time to time.  Just go with it.  

My current to-do list is time sensitive, but I have plenty of time in which to do it– some tasks are boring ones like dealing with student loans and insurance, others are more fun like going to a Braves game and to NOLA.  The tasks will be completed one by one.  I need to add, “Catch a little bit of a tan” to the list.  You better believe there is a list (or four).  But there is more time to fill.  Just go with it.

Spending time at the library in search of stories, time at the park in search of life, time in the kitchen in search of passion are all wonderful things.  But this limbo is, at the same time, unsettling.  Just go with it.

So, (in efforts to embrace it) I’m off to make dinner - the noodles with peanut sauce, as promised, and sautéed greens – then to make this week’s pie with a glass of wine (or maybe a margarita?) and watching Modern FamilyJust go with it.  Nay, Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment