Friday, November 4, 2011

Reminiscence

Friday night. Cheap wine. Marathon Sex and the City episodes. It could be freshmen year of college again. All that is missing is my girls.

But alas, it is no longer 2004 anymore. It is nearly 2012 – eek, 8 years! No, it is certainly not 2004. How things have changed. We’ve grown so; we’ve done so much; some of us are married; some of us are mommies! How did this happen?

It sometimes feels that we all live such separate lives. It sometimes feels, although you know that you know that there are people who would always and forever be there for you when you need them, it sometimes feels that as grown up people we live our lives fully alone – despite whomever and whatever we occupy ourselves with each day. I, at least, sometimes feel disconnected.

I suppose this is simply the reality of things. Things must change. We must move along. Move along.

Some things have not changed. I still love Steve Brady. (I’m still Miranda circa season 2.) I still hate Big. Aiden Shaw is still sexy. I still enjoy cheap wine. I wish my girls were here.

There’s a very huge part of me that wishes we all lived on the same hall again. I wish we all had the freedom of time to spend every weekend visiting one another wherever we happened to be in our lives.

But then, we all live such fabulous lives now – and who wouldn’t miss that? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment