Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A list for 2012

Because January brings daily obligations back step by step and so I slowly am beginning to recharge my daily life. Because I am giving in to my incessant desire to prioritize. Because I can't stop myself from thinking about the future and setting achievable goals seems to quell my tendency to criticize, over analyze, and become a frenzied mess.

Ok, mainly it's because I'm OCD about list-making. I make a list for everything - scraps of paper flood my day planner and apartment; my computer and mind overflow with these lists. So here's a list for 2012 - goals:

1. Graduate with Honors. (Mom would be proud.)
2. Improve my posture. (Mom would be proud.)
3. Find a new source of (paid) employment/adventure. (I would be elated. And Mom would be proud.)
4. Exercise regularly. (I’m determined to utilize the school gym I’ve been paying for over the past almost 2 years.)
5. Perhaps go on more than one (bad) date. Perhaps. (And let’s be honest, Mom would be proud.)
6. Eat less chocolate sweets. Nope. I can’t do this. Even typing this makes me want a pint of ice cream for dinner.
7. Do things I want to do without hesitation – i.e. go dancing, say what I think, ask for the things I want, reach out to people even if I think they may not care to hear from me. (Stop being afraid of making a fool of myself.)
8. Do something uncharacteristic of myself. (Surprise even me!)
9. Leave the country again. (I need this.)
10. Have at least one dinner party. (This falls under doing the things I want to do, really.)
11. Find something to replace #6. (Because 10 achievable goals is a nice round number.)

No comments:

Post a Comment