Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Word Project

My Christmas break project has been to look at the blogs I've blogged over the course of 2011. (Because analyzing my most recent pasts is more exciting than considering my near future...)

In case you haven't heard of Wordle, here's how it works: you put in a bunch of text; it gives you a picture; the most used words are large; the least used words are small.

This is the Wordle of all of my blogs this year:


Because I posted an inordinate amount of blogs about Tanzania, I also made one of the whole blog minus Tanzania and one with just Tanzania-related posts to control for extraordinary moments; and one pre- and post- Tanzania; and one of just fall semester. No matter how you slice it, the words 'think,' 'like,' 'life,' and 'people' are among the most prominent. Interestingly, 'time' ebbs and flows throughout the year. And 'know' is prominent in every one except the Tanzania blogs.

A bit of qualitative analysis tells me that I think too much. If I were a New Year's resolution-making person, I'd resolve to stop thinking so much. But really, that would just set myself up for failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment