Friday, February 10, 2012

This one's for the girls?

This morning I yelled at my uterus.

By the way, this message comes to you as a friend-approved post. Here’s the disclaimer: if you are male, you may have no reason to continue reading unless you simply want some female insight. (Maybe the disclaimer should have come before the opening statement?)

Anyway, in response to the screaming pain that my uterus was inflicting on me this morning, I yelled at her. Something like this:

“Ugh! Uterus, you are the most painful, disgusting and, as of yet, useless organ that I possess. You are lucky that society places such importance on you. If my appendix gave me this much trouble every month I would have it removed immediately!”

She continues to yell at me. Maybe she’s upset that I’m not putting her to good use. I can appreciate her desire to feel needed, but I still choose to ignore her pleas.

We both need chocolate to soothe our pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment