Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sweet southern comfort

Rerun Day 7: 2/4/09 Southern "Pride"

When I began this blog, I was living in Newark, NJ. And it was often that people were stunned that I was from the South.

I appreciate being Southern. I like that it is totally legit to appreciate Ludacris and Kenny Chesney - and to know that it is wrong for any country singer to rap in the middle of an otherwise fine song. I like that it's understood that strangers can call you "honey," "sweetheart," and "baby" and not be offensive. I love the word "y'all" - it is so useful!

I like that I can appreciate different points of view and can understand adversity. I like that I can appreciate sending "thank you" cards and other sorts of politeness often overlooked.

But mostly, I like that Southern cuisine is so delicious, y'all. It doesn't have to be fried, but you know it tastes better that way.

Life progress = no longer living in New Jersey. (I have no pictures of Newark.) But, the proximity to NYC and DC was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment