Monday, April 2, 2012

Contemplating paths

What do I have to gain? What do I have to lose?

The decision is simple: yes or no. If I say yes, I accept this path. If I say no, my path is un-illuminated.

I am free from my only true obligation in ATL come May. I have added experiences under my belt. I have more of a focus than I once had.

An optimist might say that thing about the world and the oysters.

A pessimist might say that none of the options are good enough.

A realist might be making lists and playing her cards as best she can and trying to build a reasonable strategy. (She might be a bit overwhelmed by all of this sometimes and feel helpless at the outcome of her own life. She might wonder what the ‘right’ thing to do next is and wish someone would point her in the right direction.) She might be thinking too much.

I want a decision to be made. I want to know what will be next. And what will be next after that? I want to figure out what it is I want. I want an unyielding, burning, great passion.

All of this is impossible. I fear.

A pep talk for those looking forward: Do the best you can. Things will fall into place. You will enjoy it. Try to stay in the moment. Remember to appreciate where you are, where you’ve been. The future will be there to appreciate later – don’t fret over it now.

Make smart choices (and consider your heart a little) and things will happen as they should.

Things will happen. (This is inevitable.) And you will react. (This is your power.)

No comments:

Post a Comment