Sunday, March 4, 2012

Flowers and snakes and weeds, oh my!

Taking advantage of the sunshine, brisk as the day may be, I managed to find some spring on this, my last ever day of Spring Break. A quick nature walk:



This little guy is the culprit that began my picture taking this afternoon. I took 13 pictures of this little black snake sunning himself on the sidewalk. This moment made me realize how much I'd been missing nature and, like the snake, the sun!



The dogwoods are blooming, the dogwoods are blooming!



This yellow fellow may or may not be a weed, but I think it's awfully pretty. (Spending time with nature makes me talk like an 85-year-old. I apologize.)



I have a fondness for this raggedy little flower. It's a survivor, you can tell.



But they were all quite pretty.



This week has been lovely - spending time with babies (and their parents), sleeping until 8:00, cooking, chillin' in NOLA and the A. Ok, ok. Enough de-stressing. Time to re-stress. Back to reading and writing and being responsible.

See you in May, Nature.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Love to hear how peaceful you are. Bring the snake to Zoe to play with.

    ReplyDelete