Saturday, March 17, 2012

Shades of green

Apparently, all of the earth is celebrating St. Patrick’s Day today. When I shut my car door this morning, a cloud of green poofed into my face. What is the pollen count today? Extra-enormously outrageous, that’s what it is. My car and all of the rest of the world (or at least the rest of metro Atlanta) was festively dressed in green on this 17th of March.

Because the sunny weather and flowers tempt me into procrastination, I wandered out to appreciate this spring/early-summer-weather day. The greenness of Atlanta really is delightful. The bloom-bearing trees and teeny wild flowers all around make the pollen worth it. Right?

I am again considering re-naming my blog - this time to Urban Green Spaces and Other People’s Gardens, as this has been the current theme of my writing mind.

Happy sneeze-erific St. Patrick’s Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment