Saturday, June 25, 2011

6/2/11-6/3/11 Home

6/2/11 Home again.

Woke at 6:00am.

Today was filled with laundry, uploading pictures, and sorting emails. (The latter two things still need work.) Rae, Eric, and Katie Mae came over last night and I gave them their souvenirs, which they seemed to appreciate. (Katie Mae is so freaking cute, btw.) But by the time they left I was exhausted and cranky. I nearly fell asleep in the bath – a nice, hot bath.

I did not get out of my pajamas today. That was super nice. But I did shave my legs. (I deserve a pat on the back for that.)

I miss Tanzania. I want to go play with lions. But I suppose I am here now and should re-engage in real life tomorrow. And I guess I’ll settle for playing with my cats – who missed me as much as I missed them, obviously.

6/3/11 Reintroduction

If real life is coffee shop, lunch with the BFF, haircut, movie, and making dinner, I did it. Unfortunately, I don’t think that’s life. That’s the weekend. But it was a nice reintroduction to life.

I am appreciating the things I didn’t realize I missed. Wearing makeup today was bizarre – I kept looking at myself in the mirror and being a teensy bit surprised. Mmm, good coffee, no cooked vegetables, tap water – very nice! (Also, I’m finding it awkward to use tap water to brush my teeth. I keep looking for my bottled water when I do it.) Scented lotions and soaps; I didn’t think I liked scented things so much. Wearing a dress that showed my knees was also surprisingly nice. And driving. I do love driving. (And without my life being endangered!)

It was altogether a lovely day. I think I’ll make it after all – wow, was that Mary Tyler Moore? Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment